The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2006 with an annual intake of 60 students. It has been increasing steadily over the years due the high standards of teaching and presently the annual intake is 240 students. The department has fully equipped and functional laboratories and all other lab infrastructure and equipment to meet the highest academic requirements. The department has highly experienced faculty with industry and research experience. Most of the faculties are postgraduates and PhD. The faculty of the department continues to strive hard for the all round progress and development of the students.
The students of the department have formed a “Civil Engineering Students Association”. The association is actively conducting co-curricular and extra–curricular activities to update their technical skills in different fields of civil engineering and other soft skills to develop an all round well groomed personality.
Vision of the Department-:
To be a center of excellence in Education and Research in the field of Civil Engineering.
Mission of the Department:
1. Nurture young individuals into knowledgeable, skillful and ethical professionals in their pursuit of civil engineering.
2. Nurture the faculty to expose them to the world class infrastructure.
3. Sustain high performance by excellence in teaching, research and innovations.
4. Extensive partnerships and collaborations with foreign universities for technology up gradation.
5. Develop Industry Interaction for innovation and product development.