An Entrepreneurship development cell is (EDC) in educational institutions to develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in Science and Technical academic institutions and to foster techno entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment by Science and Technical persons. It is an organisation which does various activities and provides various courses to students in colleges which help them with innovative Start-up ideas.
The sole purpose of an Ecell is to create awareness on innovation and entrepreneurship among young minds and encourage Start-up. It also aims to inspire and nurture new generation by providing a platform for entrepreneurial creativity
The Ecell of Guru Nanak institutions known as EDC Mavericks was started by our managing director, Dr HS Saini, who has 27 years of rich experience in Teaching, Education Administration/ development, research, research guidance, Entrepreneurship, consultancy and innovation. EDC at Guru Nanak institutions is comprised of five divisions—E-Cell, E-Support, E-Course, E-links, E-Events.
Over the period of 3 years, Ecell at Guru Nanak institutions has seen various successful Start-ups like Gifteria, Flush farmers, Edurun, Warranty me and Orbozine.
VISION OF GNI-EDC
To nurture future entrepreneurs possessing de novo innovation skills, and committed to ethical business practices, ready to contribute towards progress of the country.
MISSION OF GNI-EDC
1. To inculcate in young minds the spirit of newer and problem solving approaches through a focused curriculum and practices.
2. To disseminate the concept and culture of Entrepreneurship among students
3. To provide a platform to students for translation of their ideas of entrepreneurship to reality.
1. Fostering and developing entrepreneurship among the students
2. To spread awareness about Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship through specialized courses, seminars, workshops, webinars and business model canvas
3. To provide a platform to students for interaction with successful entrepreneurs.
4. To develop and operate an incubation centre for budding entrepreneurs.
5. To substantiate entrepreneurship concepts through campus companies, Hackathons, Design labs, tinkering labs etc.
6. To expose students to organization and entrepreneurial skills
7. To mentor budding campus entrepreneurs and provide industry linkages.
8. To ensure placements of students with Intrapreneurial skills in industry.
9. To conduct Outreach programs in ATAL schools to expose students to innovation and entrepreneurship.
10. To Promote innovation driven entrepreneurship among students.
ADMINISTRATIVE STRUCTURE OF GNI-EDC
The GNI-EDC will function as a regular department
1. All communications will be from firstname.lastname@example.org
2. EDC has following members
a. Advisor-Chairman-GNI, VC-GNI,MD-GNI and Director GNITC
b. Coordinator Amjad Khan, Associate Professor, GNITC-SOP
c. HODs of all the departments of GNITC and GNIT-
i. One Department Faculty co-ordinator
ii. Two students of the same Department
iii. Visiting Advisor Consultant Dr. Radhika Meenakshi Shankar Founder, Wise Owl Consultancy, with 25 years’ experience as a successful Entrepreneurship Mentor.
iv. Total – 98 members.
A club focussed on student activities affiliated to NEN-WADHWANI FOUNDATION Run by student for students monitored by CORE
2. E-SUPPORT A division will maintain MENTORS from Industry and Academia who will support student entrepreneurs &projects
3. E-COURSE The EDD will float good entrepreneurship courses online and offline from time to time to benefit students.
4. E-LINKS The E-links division will strive for industry –academia linkages to add value to the students
5. E-EVENTS This division will host various events to promote entrepreneurship in campus like HACKATHONS/SUMMITS etc.
Plot No.B2, 2nd Floor, Above Bata Showroom, Vikrampuri Colony, Kharkhana Road, Sec-500 009, Telangana INDIACampus Address
Ibrahimpatnam, R. R. Dist, Hyderabad - 501506, TELANGANA, INDIA
Please Tell us your Query